A Word From The Cook
“Andouille Sausage Sliders are easy to make and a ragin’ cajun crowd pleaser!”
- 1 Package Andouille Sausages (3-4 sausages)
- 8 Small Brioche Buns (or other slider sized buns)
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Spice Mix - Get our recipe for Cajun Spice Mix here and use it in this dish, as a rub or accent on fish, burgers, meat, or in soups.
- For the Creamy Cucumber Dip
- 1 Cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon fresh or dried dill weed
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ½ Cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Step 1 – Prepare Cucumber Dip
Mix cucumber dip ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Chill until ready to serve.
Step 2 – Pan Toast Buns and Cook Sausage
Slice buns in half.
Slice sausage in 1/4 inch thick ovals, by cutting them on the bias.
Heat oil and Cajun Spice Mix in a medium sized pan over medium heat.
Place buns face side down and let the spicy oil soak into the buns until they are crisp and lightly browned around the edges
Add sausages to the pan, adding a bit of oil if necessary, and cook sausages until they are browned and begin to curl up at the edges.
Step 3 – Assemble and Serve
Place 2-3 sausage slices and a tablespoon sized dollop of Cucumber Dip between the buns.
Serve and enjoy!