A Word From The Cook
“Andouille Sausage Sliders are easy to make and a ragin’ cajun crowd pleaser!”
- 1 Package Andouille Sausages (3-4 sausages)
- 8 Small Brioche Buns (or other slider sized buns)
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Spice Mix - Get our recipe for Cajun Spice Mix here and use it in this dish, as a rub or accent on fish, burgers, meat, or in soups.
- For the Creamy Cucumber Dip
- 1 Cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon fresh or dried dill weed
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ½ Cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1 – Prepare Cucumber Dip
- Mix cucumber dip ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Step 2 – Pan Toast Buns and Cook Sausage
- Slice buns in half.
- Slice sausage in 1/4 inch thick ovals, by cutting them on the bias.
- Heat oil and Cajun Spice Mix in a medium sized pan over medium heat.
- Place buns face side down and let the spicy oil soak into the buns until they are crisp and lightly browned around the edges
- Add sausages to the pan, adding a bit of oil if necessary, and cook sausages until they are browned and begin to curl up at the edges.
- Step 3 – Assemble and Serve
- Place 2-3 sausage slices and a tablespoon sized dollop of Cucumber Dip between the buns.
- Serve and enjoy!