A Word From The Cook
“These big, bodacious cookies pack a sweet, and crunchy punch with white chocolate, dried apricots, candied ginger, granola, and oats!”
About an Hour
36 to 40 Large Cookies
- 1/2 Cup dried apricots
- 1/2 Cup candied ginger
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 Cups brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 Cups fine white chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 Cup crumbled granola
- Step 1 – Soak Dried Fruit
- Chop dried apricots and candied ginger coarsely, and place in a small bowl with a cup of hot water. Let them soak for about 15 minutes. Drain water from fruit.
- Begin Step 2 while they are soaking.
- Step 2 – Combine Ingredients
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using hand or stand-up mixer, beat butter until fluffy. Add sugars, beating until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture slowly as you beat on low speed, until just blended.
- Stir in oats, granola, chocolate, and drained dried fruit mixture, using a wooden spoon to mix thoroughly.
- Step 3 – Scoop, Chill, and Bake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cover 3 large baking sheets with parchment
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and drop batter onto baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. (These big cookies will spread out and you don't want them to run together.)
- Chill dough on baking sheets for about 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake cookies for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let them set on baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack.