A Word From The Cook
“Bacon & Potato Bites have everything you love about baked potatoes, with all the fixings, but in bite sized portions. A guaranteed party hit!”
45 Minutes (Includes baking time)
- 15-20 Tri-color new potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons each kosher salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs de Provence - or Italian Seasoning
- 1 Pound bacon
- 3-4 Green onions, sliced
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1/4-1/3 Cup horseradish
- 1/2 Cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Step 1 – Bake Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and line a baking pan with foil.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. In a medium sized mixing bowl, toss sliced potatoes with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Pour potatoes onto baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake until fork tender - approx. 30 minutes.
- Step 2 – Cook Bacon & Prep Ingredients
- While potatoes are baking, cook bacon until crispy. Drain bacon on paper towel and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Meanwhile clean and chop green onions.
- Combine sour cream and horseradish.
- Grate cheese.
- Step 3 – Assemble & Serve
- Once potatoes are done, take them out of the oven to cool just enough to handle.
- Top each potato slice with a dollop of sour cream. Place a bacon piece on top of sour cream.
- Place topped potatoes onto a serving dish. Once all potatoes have been topped, sprinkle potatoes (and serving dish) with green onion slices and cheddar cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!