A Word From The Cook
“Dates can be substituted with figs when fresh in season. Both are great for a rich sweet and salt flavor.”
2 Per person
- Dried Dates
- Gorgonzola Cheese
- Bacon slices cut in half
- Step 1 – Prepare
- Score dates down the middle and remove seeds.
- Place strip of cheese in the middle.
- Place stuffed dates on foil lined baking sheet.
- Step 2 – Assemble and Wrap
- Wrap each date with ½ a bacon strip.
- Place overlap underneath fig, facing down on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes – until bacon is crisp.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating.