A Word From The Cook
“The key to great cobbler is a slightly sweet fruit medley that doesn't turn to mush. Peach dessert recipes like this Peach Berry Cobbler with Almonds fit the bill.”
- For Filling
- 5 Large peaches, skin on, washed and cut into 6 wedges each
- 18 Ounces fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon Creme de Cassis, Kir, or fruit brandy
- For Topping
- 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 1/2 Ounces almond paste
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 Cup chopped or sliced almonds
- Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream or sprinkle powdered sugar on top for added sweetness!
- Step 1 – Prepare Fruit
- Toss prepared fruit and filling ingredients together gently in a large bowl. Take care not to let fruit get mushy or macerated.
- Transfer fruit into a lightly buttered 13"x9" baking dish; set aside.
- Step 2 – Prepare Toppping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Using a blade or hand mixer, beat butter, almond paste, and granulated sugar together until fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Add eggs to mixture, beating after each addition.
- Mix in dry ingredients, until just combined.
- Step 3 – Assemble and Bake
- Drop batter over prepared fruit in large spoonfuls.
- Sprinkle almonds over the top.
- Place baking dish on a baking sheet and bake until topping is golden brown, and fruit juices are thick and bubbling (about 50-60 minutes).
- Let cobbler cool slightly before serving with cool vanilla ice cream.