A Word From The Cook
“This sweet and savory sauté packs a crunch! Your sprouts will love you for it!”
- 8 Cups Fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Cup Whole, Roasted Hazelnuts
- ¼ Cup Currants
- Olive Oil for Pan
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Step 1 – Roast Hazelnuts, Clean and Trim Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whole hazelnuts can be toasted in a small baking dish in the oven for 10 minutes. Just enough time to crack the skins open so you can remove them.
- While nuts are toasting, rinse Brussels sprouts, trimming bottoms of buds and removing any loose or damaged leaves.
- Step 2 – Sauté
- Coat a medium sized saucepan lightly with Olive Oil and heat pan over medium high heat.
- Add cleaned and dried spouts to the hot pan. Sprinkle sprouts with garlic powder, and a dash each of salt and pepper. Move sprouts around pan a couple of times with a wooden spoon to coat them with olive oil. Then cover pan with a lid.
- Check after a couple minutes to see that sprouts are beginning to sear and blacken. Stir them again to move them around the pan and ensure all sides are getting cooked.
- When sprouts begin to get tender, add in the toasted hazelnuts. Continue to stir occasionally for another few minutes as the ingredients heat up and the sprouts are fully cooked.
- Add in the currants and let them heat with the rest of the mixture. Do not let currents burn.
- Step 3 – Plate and Serve
- Serve immediately and enjoy!