A Word From The Cook
“Spicy Calamari is one of our classic Sicilian recipes. It's a great starter for a Mediterranean Menu Dinner Party plan. Try our entire Mediterranean Menu featuring cookbook author/chef, Erin Coopey.”
Serves 4-6 People
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Pound squid, cleaned
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Cups San Marzano Tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Sea Salt to taste
- Step 1 – Prepare Squid
- Slice squid bodies into 1/4 rings. Cut tentacles into halves or quarters.
- Step 2 – Sauté
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and, when hot, add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes begin to simmer, add squid, and cook until just opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the capers, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Step 3 – Serve
- Serve immediately with some crusty bread to sop up the sauce!
- Find more of our Mediterranean Menu Dinner Party recipes you can make and share with your friends!