A Word From The Cook
“These Candied Pecans are glazed in balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, with just a touch of flaked sea salt. They are perfect for snacking, salads, cookies, chocolates, and ice cream. Keep them on hand for a touch of savory sweet to just about anything!”
Makes 2 Cups
- 2 Cups Pecans
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Flake Sea Salt to taste
- Optional - For a chocolate treat, melt high quality chocolate in the microwave, and drizzle over finished pecans. Cover and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- Step 1 – Roast Pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread pecans out in a single layer, on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Step 2 – Prepare Balsamic Glaze
- Boil sugar, balsamic vinegar and olive oil over medium heat, in a large skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until foamy and slightly thickened.
- Add pecans and toss until pecans are coated with the glaze. Stir constantly for about 3 minutes.
- Step 3 – Sprinkle with Flaked Sea Salt and Cool
- Turn glazed pecans out onto a parchment lined baking sheet that's lightly oiled.
- Spread out pecans in a single layer, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cool.
- Once cool, break them apart, serve, or store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.