A Word From The Cook
“Everyone loves a Caprese Salad. This recipe turns tomato, mozzarella and basil into colorfully fresh, bite sized hors d’oeuvres!”
2-3 per person
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil Leaves
- Mini mozzarella balls
- Kosher or herbed salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- (Optional) Italian Seasoning or
- Herbs de Provence
- Step 1 – Prepare
- Drizzle olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pinch each of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes on your serving dish.
- Step 2 – Assemble Caprese on a Stick
- Layer one each mozzarella ball, basil leaf and tomato on each toothpick.
- Lay each Caprese Stick on prepared dish, working from the middle of the plate out.
- Step 3 – Season and Serve!
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic on top of caprese sticks.
- Sprinkle to taste with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning
- Serve and enjoy!