A Word From The Cook
“We were so excited to discover a fabulous gluten-free raisin bread from Essential Baking Company for this yummy bread pudding. You'd never know it's gluten-free!”
1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 1 Loaf raisin bread (For gluten-free friends we recommend Essential Baking Company's Seeded Cinnamon Raisin loaf)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (cored, peeled, and diced)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, plus some for baking pan
- 2 Cups half & half
- Ingredients for Whiskey Caramel Sauce
- 3 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 1 1/3 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup whiskey
- Garnish with freshly whipped cream or ice cream & Whiskey Caramel Sauce.
Step 1 – Cube the Bread and Chop the Apple
Cut bread slices into bite-sized chunks.
Core, peel, and dice apple.
Combine bread and apple together and place into a square, buttered, baking pan.
Step 2 – Mix the Pudding
Blend eggs and sugar with a hand mixer on high for 4-5 minutes, until light yellow ribbons form.
Add vanilla and cinnamon.
Then add cream and melted butter.
Pour mixture over bread crumbs, so that bread is thoroughly covered.
Sprinkle top lightly with granulated sugar.