A Word From The Cook
“We were so excited to discover a fabulous gluten-free raisin bread from Essential Baking Company for this yummy bread pudding. You'd never know it's gluten-free and it's the best bread pudding recipe ever!”
1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 1 Loaf raisin bread (For gluten-free friends we recommend Essential Baking Company's Seeded Cinnamon Raisin loaf)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (cored, peeled, and diced)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, plus some for baking pan
- 2 Cups half & half
- Ingredients for Whiskey Caramel Sauce
- 3 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 1 1/3 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup whiskey
- Garnish with freshly whipped cream or ice cream & Whiskey Caramel Sauce.
- Step 1 – Cube the Bread and Chop the Apple
- Cut bread slices into bite-sized chunks.
- Core, peel, and dice apple.
- Combine bread and apple together and place into a square, buttered, baking pan.
- Step 2 – Mix the Pudding
- Blend eggs and sugar with a hand mixer on high for 4-5 minutes, until light yellow ribbons form.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Then add cream and melted butter.
- Pour mixture over bread crumbs, so that bread is thoroughly covered.
- Sprinkle top lightly with granulated sugar.
- Step 3 – Bake and Serve with Whiskey Caramel Sauce