A Word From The Cook
“Turn a Classic Chicken Caesar into one of your favorite tomato salad recipes. Add sweet cherry tomatoes, smooth avocado, and zesty lemon to this Caesar for a bright and colorful slad.”
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Head romaine lettuce
- 1 Large ripe avocado
- 1 Large lemon
- 15 Cherry or heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- For Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared honey or dijon style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Step 1 – Prepare Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts on foil lined baking sheet. Rub chicken generously on both sides with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, & pepper.
- Bake chicken for 25 minutes - until cooked through (there should be no pink flesh when you cut through the meat).
- Remove chicken when done, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken across the breast in half inch slices.
- Step 2 – Rinse and Chop Veggies
- Rinse and pat or spin dry the romaine lettuce. Then cut or tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Cut lemons into slices.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit, and slice flesh. Remove from skin with a large spoon.
- Grate or shave Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Step 3 – Toss & Serve
- Combine ingredients for salad dressing in a closed container, and shake.
- Toss veggies with dressing, then plate salad on individual serving dishes.
- Layer chicken over top of salad, and squeeze juice of one of the lemon slices over the top.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and serve.