A Word From The Cook
“This Chocolate Ganache is a simple chocolate frosting recipe you can use on cakes, cheesecakes, or any dessert that calls for a creamy chocolate topping. Rusty Federman, creator of Rusty's Famous Cheesecakes shared this recipe with us and we love it!”
Makes about 6 cups
- 12 Ounces heavy cream
- 20 Ounces fine bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 Ounces Kahlua or other liqueur
- Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Rewarm in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl set over boiling water.
- Step 1 – Measure Ingredients
- Weighing ingredients on a scale is the best way to get perfect consistency every time, and to adjust your volume up or down, but you can still use your standard measuring cups too.
- Step 2 – Cook on the Stove
- Heat heavy cream in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat until it begins to warm.
- Add chocolate to cream and stir with a wooden spoon until chocolate is melted (about 5 minutes).
- Whisk briskly for another 5 minutes and watch the chocolate begin to glisten.
- Remove mixture from heat, and stir in liqueur.
- Step 3 – Set and Serve
- The Ganache will set as it cools, and will become very firm if refrigerated.
- Ganache can be poured over ice cream, spread onto a cake as frosting, used to marble (or top) a cheesecake, and much more. You can even enjoy it right off the spoon!