A Word From The Cook
“Chocolate Mint Thumbprints are perfect for the thin mint lover in your life!”
Makes 36 Cookies
- For Cookies
- 2/3 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon mint extract
- 2 Teaspoons green food coloring
- 1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- For Frosting
- 1 Package Andes Thin Mints or other chocolate mint candy (roughly chopped as shows)
- 6 Ounces milk chocolate (melted)
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl or stand up mixer, beat butter on medium high speed until fluffy.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Beat until combined, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg, mint extract, and food coloring.
- Add flour and beat until just combined.
- Chill dough for about an hour.
- Step 2 – Bake and Cool
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place dough balls on ungreased cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, 2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges of cookies are lightly browned and slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and make a small indent in the center of each cookie, using the back of a melon baller or teaspoon.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack until completely cool
- Step 3 – Frost Cookies and Allow Chocolate to Set
- Melt milk chocolate by placing it in the microwave, in a glass bowl on high, for about 45 seconds.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies, then sprinkle mint pieces over melted chocolate, so they stick..
- Allow chocolate to set.
- Share and enjoy with friends!