A Word From The Cook
“These chocolatey rich cookies are perfect vessels for Belgian Dark Chocolate Non-Pareils, candy pieces, ganache, or jam filling.”
1 hour (Includes baking time)
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoons coarse salt
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 Cups sugar
- 2 Large egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 Teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup powdered sugar for rolling
- 10 Oz. or 40 Belgian Dark Chocolate Non-Pareils
- Step 1 – Prepare Cookie Dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt into a small bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to medium, and add yolks, cream, and vanilla – scraping sides as you mix.
- Beat in flour mixture until just combined.
- Step 2 – Roll and Bake
- Roll balls using 1/2 tablespoon sized scoops of dough for each.
- Roll each ball in powdered sugar.
- Place 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- With the handle of a wooden spoon, press gently in the center of each to create an indentation.
- Bake until set for about 10 minutes.
- Step 3 – Top with Non-Pareil Chocolates
- Remove baking sheet from oven.
- While cookies are still on baking sheet, place Non-Pareils directly on top of cookie, pressing gently to secure candy into middle of cookie.
- Let cool slightly on baking sheets.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks, and let cool.
- Enjoy warm or completely cooled.