A Word From The Cook
“Serve next to turkey, on top of salmon or in a sandwich. Refrigerate tightly in sealed jars for up to 3 months.”
- Prepare in a deep 6-quart saucepan
- 4 Cups fresh cranberries (picked over and stemmed)
- 2 ½ Cups sugar
- 2 Granny Smith apples (peeled/cored/diced)
- 2 Bosc pears (peeled/cored/diced)
- 1 Small yellow onion (diced)
- 1 Cup Golden raisins
- 1/3 Cup crystallized ginger (diced)
- ½ Cup toasted hazelnuts (skins removed)
- 2 Sticks cinnamon
- 6 Whole cloves
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ Cup water
Step 1 – Prepare Fruit and Nuts
Peel, core and finely chop fruit, nuts, onion and ginger.
Step 2 – Cook Cranberries and Dissolve Sugar!
Bring water, cinnamon, cloves, salt, sugar and cranberries to boil over medium heat.
Stir frequently for about 10 minutes, until cranberries “start to pop.”
Step 3 – Add Fruit and Cook Until Thick
Once cranberries begin to pop, reduce heat so mixture simmers.
Add onions, apples, pears, and raisins - stirring frequently until mixture thickens (another 10-15 minutes).
Remove from heat. Stir in hazelnuts and crystallized ginger.
Cool to room temp – remove cinnamon sticks and cloves.
This is a great homemade gift you can give to friends!