A Word From The Cook
“Cranberry, Coconut, & Chocolate Macaroon cookies are a taste treat. They're slightly sweet, with the perfect amount of almond crunch and chocolate goodness. This recipe is borrowed from my best friend Kari. She's the ultimate cookie aficionado!”
60 Minutes (Includes cooling and dipping)
Makes 24 Macaroons
- 1 Package (14 ounces) sweetened coconut
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 4 Egg whites
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 Cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 Cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 8 Ounces semisweet chocolate
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients
- Mix coconut, flour, and salt in medium sized mixing bowl. Stir in egg whites and almond extract until well blended. Fold in chopped almonds and cranberries.
- Step 2 – Shape and Bake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until edges of cookies are golden brown.
- Step 3 – Cool and Dip
- Remove baked cookies immediately from cookie sheet and allow to cool on wire rack. Cool completely before dipping.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler until smooth.
- Dip cookies half way into the chocolate and let excess fall off.
- Set cookies on tray lined with waxed paper until chocolate is set (at room temperature or in the refrigerator).