A Word From The Cook
“This Easy, Buttery Tart Crust is my go to for a variety of sweet and savory tarts. Try it with my Vegetable and Goat Cheese Tart!”
10 Minutes + 30 minutes chill time
Depends on your filling. Typical tart bakes at 375-425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Be sure to use a tart pan with removable bottom
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, sliced into 6 equal pieces
- 1 egg
- This Easy, Buttery Tart Crust can be filled with a variety of different sweet or savories. Bake according to your favorite tart directions. No par-baking of tart crust is required. Try it with my Vegetable & Goat Cheese recipe
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients
- In a food processor, combine the flour, cornstarch, and salt. Add cold butter (cut into 6 pieces) and pulse until dough resembles coarse grains of sand. Add in the egg and process until dough ball forms.
- Step 2 – Roll Out Dough and Place in Tart Pan
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a 12-inch circle. Place the dough in a 9-inch tart pan by rolling dough over rolling pin and lifting it over tart pan (as shown above).
- Press dough into tart pan and remove any air bubbles. Crimp the edges, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 3 – Fill and Bake
- Proceed with sweet or savory filling and bake according to your favorite tart directions (no par-baking of tart crust is required).
- Try it with my Vegetable & Goat Cheese recipe