A Word From The Cook
“Use heavy pan or cast iron skillet for best results. This recipe makes perfect, juicy chicken every time!”
- 4 Halved, boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 2 Cups flour
- 1-2 Tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Sea Salt (or 1 T sea salt + 1 T herbed salt)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning (dried)
- 3 Fresh Rosemary sprigs
- Canola oil for frying
- Step 1 – Tenderize and Coat Chicken
- “Marinate” 4 halved, boneless, skinless, chicken breasts in Buttermilk for several hours
- (keep refrigerated).
- Mix flour and spices in a separate bowl.
- Dredge and coat chicken in flour/spice mixture – coat chicken thoroughly on all sides.
- Step 2 – Heat Rosemary Oil and Flash Fry Chicken Pieces
- Heat canola oil and fresh Rosemary sprigs over medium heat (about ¼ inch deep).
- Place chicken pieces, one at a time, into hot oil (Rosemary removed).
- Fry 4-5 pieces at a time in pan, until each piece is golden brown on both sides. Turn chicken only after bottom side is golden brown.
- Step 3 – Finish Cooking Chicken on Stovetop!
- After all chicken is fried to a golden brown, discard remaining oil.
- Place chicken pieces back in pan and cover – lid should be ajar to avoid steam build-up.
- Continue to cook chicken on stovetop over low heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and serve hot, or at room temperature.