A Word From The Cook
“The perfect Christmas Salad looks festive, tastes light and bright, and is easy to throw together. It shouldn't be too elaborate or weighted down with creamy salad dressing. White fennel, red cranberries, celery, and green parsley are pretty on the plate. This Christmas salad will be a holiday staple.”
- 3 Small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 6 Celery stalks, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- Celery leaves roughly chopped
- 1 Medium shallot, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/2 Cup fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup sweetened cranberries divided (pomegranate seeds can be substituted)
- 1/4 Cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Step 1 – Mix and Serve
- Toss fennel, celery, shallot, parsley, celery leaves, and half of cranberries in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with lime juice and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with remaining sweetened cranberries and pepitas.