A Word From The Cook
“Move over cake pops, these are savory with a bit of spicy kick!”
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- Freshly grated black pepper
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 Cup whole milk
- 1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 5 Ounces Feta cheese
- 15 Cake Pop sticks
- Step 1 – Prepare Batter
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with fork until incorporated, don’t overmix or cake pops will be tough.
- Fold Feta and Basil into mixture.
- Step 2 – Cook Cheese Balls in Cake Pop Pan
- Preheat cake pop maker (or preheat oven to 375 degrees if you are using a cake pop pan.)
- Place batter into pop maker or pan. Approximately 1 tablespoon per pop, don’t overfill.
- If using a cake pop maker, let cook for 5 minutes. A cake pop pan may take a bit longer. You know they are ready when you smell the cheese!
- Remove pops from pan gently with a fork and let cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Step 3 – Insert Pop Sticks and Serve.
- Insert Pop Sticks into each pop.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.