A Word From The Cook
“Fettuccini Alfredo is simple and quick to prepare. We make it with fresh asparagus and prosciutto for a pasta taste treat!”
- 1 Pound Fettuccini
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano + some for garnish
- Pinch each salt and white pepper
- 1/2 Pound trimmed asparagus
- 8-10 Strips thinly sliced prosciutto
- Step 1 – Trim Asparagus & Shave Cheese
- Clean and trim tough ends from asparagus, then cut half the asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces cut on the bias. The other half can be shaved into “twirls” with a vegetable peeler. Our video shows you how.
- Shave cheese with a micro grater.
- Step 2 – Make Pasta
- Boil pasta according to package instructions except cook only until al dente (1-2 minutes less than suggested).
- (When water begins to boil, pour 1 cup of boiling water over trimmed asparagus to blanch. Let asparagus sit in the hot water until step 3, when you toss the drained asparagus with the pasta and Alfredo sauce.
- Drain pasta water and return hot pasta to pan. Toss gently with olive oil and set aside while you prepare the Alfredo sauce.
- Step 3 – Prepare Alfredo Sauce and and Serve
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saute pan. When butter begins to sizzle, but before it turns brown, add 1/3 of the cheese and stir using a wooden spoon to incorporate. As soon as the cheese is mixed in and melts into the butter, pour 1/3 of the cream into the middle of the pan. Stir constantly to incorporate.
- Repeat the additions of cheese and cream, stirring constantly until sauce is thick and creamy.
- Turn heat off and add the pasta to the sauce pan. Toss to coat pasta thoroughly, then add drained asparagus.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Place pasta servings onto plates and tear bite sized pieces of prosciutto on top.
- Garnish with more shave cheese and serve immediately.