A Word From The Cook
“Figs are both expensive and seasonal, so this recipe uses fig jam, which is always available. When figs are in season, throw a few cut up figs in too. You can also use fresh figs as garnish. Figs are meaty, rich, and sweet. This Fig Balsamic Sauce pairs perfectly with our Garlic Rosemary Lamb.”
- Equal parts:
- 1/2 Cup Fig Jam
- 1/2 Cup quality Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup red wine or port
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Step 1 – Make Reduction Sauce
- Combine all ingredients, except butter, and bring to a boil in a small sauce or sauté pan.
- Let sauce simmer and thicken for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Step 2 – Serve
- Drizzle over Garlic Rosemary Lamb, or serve with Stilton cheese and crackers.