A Word From The Cook
“Garlic Mashed Potatoes are a taste treat that everyone loves! They're also very easy to make. Freshly Roasted Garlic is the key to great flavor.”
- 2 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 Cup half & half (milk can be substituted)
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- Roasted Garlic from 1 bulb
- To make Parsley Potatoes, substitute garlic for a bunch of fresh chopped Italian Parsley.
- Step 1 – Roast Garlic
- Get our Roasted Garlic Recipe here.
- Step 2 – Boil Potatoes
- While garlic is roasting, rinse and scrub the potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks (leaving skin on).
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan of salted water (enough water to cover the potatoes), and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook until potatoes can be gently pierced with a fork (15-20 minutes).
- Drain water from the pot and return to stove over low heat.
- Step 3 – Combine Ingredients, Mash, and Serve
- Add butter, half & half, salt, pepper, garlic and sour cream.
- Mash with a potato masher or large fork.
- Add more butter, salt, pepper, or cream depending on the taste you like.
- Don't over beat them or use a blender. These Garlic Mashed Potatoes are designed to be chunky and yummy!