A Word From The Cook
“Our Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies are full of delicious antioxidants like dark chocolate, dried blueberries and pecans. They’ve got yummy crunch in every bite!”
Makes 36 cookies
- 2 1/2 Cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ Cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ Cup brown sugar
- ¼ Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- ½ Cup dried blueberries
- ½ Cup toasted, chopped pecans
- ¾ Cup dark chocolate pieces
- ½ Cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Note: Feel free to be creative with your mix-ins. Use our suggestions or try your own favorites.
- Step 1 – Toast Oats and Nuts
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread oats in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes.
- Toast pecans at the same time in a small oven proof pan for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the oats from the oven and let cool 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 – Mix and Combine Ingredients
- In a blender or food processor, process 2 cups of oats into a fine meal (leaving 1/2 cup as is).
- Add baking powder, cinnamon and salt and pulse gently. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Reduce the mixer speed to the lowest speed, and add the egg and vanilla. Mix to combine thoroughly. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary.
- With the mixer on the lowest speed, slowly add the ground oat mixture until just combined. Stop once to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in remaining ingredients, including the remaining ½ cup of whole toasted oats.
- Step 3 – Bake
- Once all ingredients are combined, drop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches (spreading distance) between each mound.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, until the cookies begin to brown around the edges. Let the cookies set on the baking sheet for a couple minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- Share and enjoy!