A Word From The Cook
“Grapefruit Fennel Salad combines crunchy, rich, sweet and citrus flavors you’ll love!”
- 1 Head romain or butter lettuce
- 1 Red grapefruit
- 1 Fresh fennel bulb
- 1/2 Cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/8 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Several splashes of high quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Step 1 – Prepare Ingredients
- Rinse and dry lettuce. Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Cut grapefruit skin away from fruit meat and slice fruit into wedges (as shown).
- Remove fennel bulb’s heart and stalks. Slice bulb into thin strips about 1/2 inch in length.
- Shave or grate Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Step 2 – Layer Ingredients
- Layer ingredients in a salad bowl starting with lettuce, then adding fennel and grapefruit.
- Step 3 – Dress, Toss, and Serve
- Toss salad with oil and vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- If serving directly onto plates, add cheese on top as garnish.
- If serving in salad bowl, dress, toss and season before adding shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano on top.