A Word From The Cook
“These Grilled Lamb Chops Marinated in Mint & Garlic, are perfectly paired with Red Wine Reduction Sauce. Serve with Orzo sautéed with Fresh Vegetables! It's one of several recipes from our Greek Inspired Menu. You can enjoy cooking them at home or on a trip to Greece with our friends at ConvertibleCaravans.com.”
30 Minutes, plus up to two hours to marinate
20 Minutes (allow to marinate up to 2 hours)
6 Servings of two lamb chops per person
- For the Lamb
- 12 French cut, bone in lamb chops
- 2 Fresh garlic cloves
- 1/8 Cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black Pepper to taste
- For the Red Wine Reduction Sauce
- 1 Fresh garlic clove
- 10-12 Mint leaves
- 1/2 A shallot
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Step 1 – Cut and Marinate Lamb Chops
- Cut the lamb into individual chops.
- Finely chop the garlic and mint.
- Rub oil, garlic, and mint onto both sides of lamb chops.
- Pepper lightly.
- (Marinate for up to 2 hours in the refrigerator if you can, to let the mint and garlic permeate the meat).
- Step 2 – Prepare Red Wine Reduction Sauce
- In a small sauce pan, sauté the shallots in oil until soft, add garlic and sauté a minute more.
- Add finely chopped mint and wine.
- Reduce liquid by half over medium heat.
- Add butter and continue to stir as sauce thickens and becomes glossy.
- Remove from heat until ready to serve.
- (Reheat immediate before serving.)
- Step 3 – Grill Lamb and Serve with Sauce
- Place lamb chops on grill over medium heat (400 degrees), and grill until medium rare.
- Turn after 3-4 minutes and grill the other side for 3-4 minutes.
- Don't overcook, lamb should be pink on the inside. Internal temperature should read 145 degrees F.
- Remove lamb chops from grill and serve immediately.
- Heat Red Wine Reduction Sauce and pour over lamb.
- Serve with our Greek Menu, including Orzo Sautéed with Fresh Vegetables.