A Word From The Cook
“Olives and walnuts are plentiful and beautiful in Greece. You can enjoy this simple appetizer when you make it at home, or when you take a trip to Greece with Convertible Caravans. It's one of several recipes from our Greek Inspired Menu.”
No Cooking Required
- 2 Cups Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 Cups toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 Cup sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 Cup fresh oregano, chopped (2 tablespoons if using dried)
- 1/4 Cup fresh mint
- 2 Teaspoons crushed red peppers
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - enough to cover mixture lightly (approximately 1/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 – Chop
- Chop walnuts, red peppers, and olives finely.
- Chop oregano and mint finely.
- Step 2 – Mix
- Mix ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle enough olive oil to cover the mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 3 – Garnish & Serve
- Serve with pita chips, or rustic bread slices.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh oregano.
- Note: Mixture gets better the longer it rests. If you prepare mixture an hour or two in advance, keep it covered or transfer to a storage jar. If you refrigerate, bring to room temperature before serving.