A Word From The Cook
“A sumptuous Leg of Lamb recipe for Grilled Chops, Marinated in Mint & Garlic. Serve with our Red Wine Reduction Sauce over Orzo sautéed with fresh vegetables! It's one of several recipes from our Greek Inspired Menu. ”
30 Minutes, plus up to two hours to marinate
20 Minutes (allow to marinate up to 2 hours)
6 Servings of two lamb chops per person
- For the Lamb
- 12 French cut, bone in lamb chops
- 2 Fresh garlic cloves
- 1/8 Cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black Pepper to taste
- For the Red Wine Reduction Sauce
- 1 Fresh garlic clove
- 10-12 Mint leaves
- 1/2 A shallot
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Step 1 – Cut and Marinate Lamb Chops
- Cut the lamb into individual chops.
- Finely chop the garlic and mint.
- Rub oil, garlic, and mint onto both sides of lamb chops.
- Pepper lightly.
- (Marinate for up to 2 hours in the refrigerator if you can, to let the mint and garlic permeate the meat).
- Step 2 – Prepare Red Wine Reduction Sauce
- In a small sauce pan, sauté the shallots in oil until soft, add garlic and sauté a minute more.
- Add finely chopped mint and wine.
- Reduce liquid by half over medium heat.
- Add butter and continue to stir as sauce thickens and becomes glossy.
- Remove from heat until ready to serve.
- (Reheat immediate before serving.)
- Step 3 – Grill Lamb and Serve with Sauce
- Place lamb chops on grill over medium heat (400 degrees), and grill until medium rare.
- Turn after 3-4 minutes and grill the other side for 3-4 minutes.
- Don't overcook, lamb should be pink on the inside. Internal temperature should read 145 degrees F.
- Remove lamb chops from grill and serve immediately.
- Heat Red Wine Reduction Sauce and pour over lamb.
- Serve with our Greek Menu, including Orzo Sautéed with Fresh Vegetables.