A Word From The Cook
“We tried other grilled swordfish recipes, but this one is a stand out! Thanks to Nikki Crevey who created this recipe, now featured in “The Spanish Table” cookbook. Nikki worked for The Spanish Table in Seattle then moved to California. She was known to the staff as La Pirata.”
- The Grill:
- ½ Teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ½ Teaspoon Pebrella (or spice resembling Oregano or Thyme)
- ½ Teaspoon coarse Spanish sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ Lemon to juice
- 2 pounds Swordfish steaks
- The Sauce:
- 3 Cloves Garlic, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Dry White wine
- 2 Tablespoons Spanish capers
- Step 1 – Prep the Fish
- Place the herbs and salt in a mortar and grind them together with a pestle.
- Slowly add olive oil then squeeze in the juice of the quarter of lemon.
- Brush this mixture over the fish steaks and allow to rest while grill is heating.
- Step 2 – Grill Swordfish
- Grill fish for 4 minutes per side (or less depending on thickness – do not overcook).
- Step 3 – Prepare Sauce and Add Fish
- While fish is grilling, place a cazuela (or heavy shallow pan) to one side of the grill with the oil and garlic letting it cook until it is a deep, almond brown. Then add wine, capers and finally the grilled fish steaks, heating through before serving.
- Serve and Enjoy!