A Word From The Cook
“Greek Style Orzo and Vegetable Sauté is a grilled vegetables recipe you can serve with lamb, chicken or fish. It's one of several recipes from our Greek Inspired Menu.”
- 1/2 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Clove garlic
- 2 Zucchini
- 1 Cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Splash (2 ounces) white wine
- 1.5 Cups Orzo
- 1.5 Cups (12 ounces) chicken stock
- Step 1 – Slice and Chop Vegetables
- Chop garlic finely.
- Chop onion roughly.
- Slice zucchini into 1/8th inch rounds.
- Slice Carrots in 1/8 inch rounds.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Step 2 – Sauté Vegetables
- Heat a medium sized sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and sauté onions until soft.
- Add garlic, zucchini, mushrooms, and carrots.
- Cook vegetables another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add a splash of white wine and stir.
- Step 3 – Add Orzo and Serve
- Pour chicken stock into pan and bring to a boil.
- Add Orzo and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and allow Orzo to absorb liquid - approximately 5 minutes.
- When Orzo is cooked al dente, remove from heat.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Enjoy Greek Style Orzo and Vegetable Sauté with Mint Lamb Chops & Red Wine Reduction Sauce