A Word From The Cook
“The best pear dessert recipes feature pears as the stars of the show. This recipe is no exception. It's an elegant combination of ice cream, ginger and red pear flambé.”
- 5 Pears
- 1 Pint Super Premium Vanilla Bean ice Cream
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons Grand Marnier, Brandy or Cointreau
- 3 Tablespoons chopped crystalized ginger
- 5 Ounces shaved dark chocolate
- Matchstick lighter
- Step 1 – Prepare Ingredients
- Peel, core, and slice pears into segments lengthwise
- Chop ginger finely.
- Shave chocolate by running a heavy, sharp knife over the top or sides of the chocolate to create shavings.
- Step 2 – Sauté and Flambé
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium high heat.
- When butter begins to sizzle, add pear slices.
- Swirl pears in butter and let them begin to cook down and edges begin to break down.
- Add liqueur and light. (be sure to use a matchstick with a handle and stand back, as a flame will ignite and could go 8-12 inches high. Let pears cook down as the flame burns out.
- Note: Don’t let liqueur cook off, or it won’t light. Light immediately after adding liqueur.
- Step 3 – Pour Pears and Liqueur Sauce over Ice Cream and Garnish
- Put a scoop of ice cream in each serving dish and pour pears on top.
- Sprinkle each with ginger and chocolate.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!