A Word From The Cook
“This lemon sauce recipe gives pasta a bright and tangy twist. Lemon, capers, and cream make it extra special. Serve it with 18th Ave. Pasta Company’s Lemon Oregano Fettuccini!”
4 -6 People
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 3/4 - 1 Cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons capers + 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Juice and Zest of one lemon
- 1 Pound Fettucini Pasta (Make your own fresh pasta with our recipe, or try 18th Ave. Pasta Company's Lemon Oregano Pasta for an extra burst of lemon flavor!)
- White pepper (or red pepper flakes) to taste.
- Step 1 – Boil Pasta
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- For al dente pasta, cook 1-2 minutes less than package directions.
- Drain pasta water and return pasta to warm pan.
- Toss gently with a drizzle of oil to keep pasta from sticking.
- Set aside and start Step 2 immediately so pasta doesn’t get cold.
- Step 2 – Prepare Lemon Caper Sauce
- Melt butter over medium heat in large sauté pan.
- Squeeze juice of lemon into sizzling butter.
- Slowly add cream to the middle of the pan, while stirring with a wooden spoon. Cream will bubble and sizzle.
- Add cheese and continue to stir constantly. If sauce gets to thick, add a bit more cream. The trick is to keep stirring, never letting the sauce cool or thicken too much so it becomes cheesy and gloppy. It should be smooth.
- Turn heat off and stir in capers.
- Step 3 – Toss Pasta Gently in Sauce and Serve!
- Add pasta to Lemon Caper Sauce and toss gently in warm pan to coat.
- Serve with lemon zest and top with a few more capers.
- (Don’t add salt until you taste it. Butter, capers, and cheese will all add saltiness). A bit of white pepper or red pepper flakes will add heat if desired.
- Enjoy with a crisp Chardonnay or Viogner!