A Word From The Cook
“Marcona Almonds fried in olive oil are a delicious snack, but they can be transformed into an exceptional and simple tapa by stuffing them into a pitted Manzanilla olive! You can find almond-stuffed olives in a jar, but the flavor and texture does not compare! You can find Ybarra olives and Marcona Almonds at The Spanish Table!”
As many as you make!
- 25 Manzanilla Olives (pitted)
- 1 Cup Marcona Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt to taste
- You can find Ybarra olives and Marcona Almonds at The Spanish Table!
- Step 1 – Fry the Almonds
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Add the almonds.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until they are fragrant and toasted, approximately 1 – 2 minutes.
- Step 2 – Season Almonds and Stuff Olives
- Remove from heat.
- Toss in a small bowl with sea salt.
- Stuff a warm almond into each pitted olive.
- Step 3 – Serve and Enjoy!
- Serve these briny, salty, nutty treats with a chilled glass of Manzanilla sherry.