A Word From The Cook
“Sweet and salt are the perfect balance when it comes to melon. Melon, Mint, and Prosciutto are combined in this summer salad, along with lemon juice, serrano pepper, nectarines, and freshly shaved Romano cheese!”
- 3 Cups watermelon balls (or bite-sized cubes)
- 3 Cups cantaloupe balls (or bite-sized cubes)
- 2 Nectarines, ripe, thinly sliced
- 1/3 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Fresh serrano chile pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Cups arugula
- 1/4 Cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 6 Slices Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 Ounce Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
- Step 1 – Cook & Crumble Prosciutto
- Lay Prosciutto slices on a foil lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, until just crisp.
- Let cool.
- Crumble into shards.
- Set aside.
- Step 2 – Combine Fruit
- Remove melon rinds, and cut fruit.
- (Use 1/2 teaspoon sized melon baller or metal teaspoon to make bite-sized melon balls. Otherwise, cut melon into bite-sized cubes)
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently.
- Step 3 – Plate Salad & Serve
- Arrange arugula on individual plates.
- Top with fruit mixture.
- Garnish with mint, Prosciutto, and shaved Romano cheese.
- Serve immediately.