A Word From The Cook
“Cooks on the go love fast dessert recipes that guarantee to please. These Molasses Crinkles are crisp around the edges and chewy in the center. They're melt in your mouth goodness.”
2 Hours and 45 Minutes
- 3/4 Cup shortening
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup molasses
- 2 1/4 Cups flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- Step 1 – Combine Dry Ingredients
- Combine flour, soda, salt, and spices in a small bowl and mix.
- Step 2 – Cream Shortening, Sugar, and Eggs
- Cream shortening and brown sugar with hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Step 3 – Roll and Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll cookie batter into 1/2 tablespoon sized balls.
- Rolls balls into granulated sugar.
- Place balls onto greased or parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack.