A Word From The Cook
“Prawn Pad Thai recipes like this one make it easy to make Asian food at home. Add broccoli, cashews, lime, and cilantro for a bright twist on traditional Pad Thai.”
- 24 Tail on raw prawns
- 8 Ounces dried flat rice noodles
- 8 Cups boiling-hot water
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Bunch fresh broccoli
- 1 Tablespoons chile sauce
- Peanut or vegetable oil for stir fry
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Limes cut into wedges for garnish
- Cilantro sprigs
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- Sriracha to taste
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup Spicy Peanut Sauce (You can buy pre-made sauce at the store or make your own.
- Spicy Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 Scallions, chopped fine
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- Step 1 – Prepare Pad Thai Noodles & Make Peanut Sauce
- If making Spicy Peanut Sauce from scratch, follow the recipe as follows (Otherwise Use Your Favorite Prepared Sauce).
- In a saucepan heat oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook scallions, garlic and ginger, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Simmer and stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Sauce may be made up to 3 days ahead and chilled, covered. If sauce is too thick after chilling, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons hot water until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Bring water to a boil and remove from heat.
- Place noodles in water and stir. Let noodles sit until soft but firm - about 8 minutes.
- Drain and rinse noodles with cold water.
- Step 2 – Stir Fry
- Heat 1tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat and scramble eggs. Remove eggs to a side dish, add more oil and stir fry the broccoli with chile sauce until just tender. Remove broccoli, and set aside. Add more oil and stir fry prawns and garlic, until prawns are completely pink.
- Step 3 – Assemble and Serve
- When prawns are cooked through, add the broccoli, egg, and noodles back to the pan.
- Add peanut sauce and fold into mixture.
- Allow ingredients to heat through (another 3-5 minutes).
- Serve with chopped cilantro, lime wedges, and cashews.
- Serve Sriracha at the table for those who like to add extra spice!