A Word From The Cook
“This simply beautiful dessert includes everything to love, puffed pastry, hazelnut spread, and fresh strawberries!”
35 Minutes (includes baking time)
Makes 36 Triangles
- 1 Package "ready to use" puffed pastry
- 1 Cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1 Pound fresh strawberries
- Optional: 1/2 cup powdered sugar for garnish
- Step 1 – Bake Puffed Pastry
- Defrost puffed pastry according to package instructions. Once thawed, cut pastry into symmetric triangles.
- Place triangles on parchment lined baking sheet and cover with another sheet of parchment paper.
- Place another baking sheet (flat side down) on top of the second layer of parchment.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees until pastry starts to brown (15-20 minutes). Remove second baking sheet and continue baking until pastry triangles are golden brown and lightly crisp.
- Note: Baking with the extra weight of the second baking sheet will keep pastry from puffing up too much, and will allow you to top triangles with a smooth, flat surface.
- Step 2 – Assemble & Serve
- Cool pastry triangles on a wire rack. While they're cooling, clean, pat dry, and slice strawberries lengthwise. (Each strawberry should be sliced into 3 pieces, after the green top has been cut off).
- Once triangles are cool, place a dollop of hazelnut spread on middle of triangle. Use spread as "glue" to adhere the strawberry slice to the pastry. Strawberry should be turned upside down (as shown above).
- If desired, sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar by placing the sugar into a sieve, and tapping gently to release sugar.