A Word From The Cook
“Chocolate Ganache and fresh raspberries turn puffed pastry into an elegant dessert. Left over Chocolate Ganache can be served over ice cream, or used to frost cupcakes!”
- One package puffed pastry shells (6 shells)
- 6 Scoops Vanilla Bean ice cream (Whipped Cream can be substituted for ice cream)
- One basket of fresh, clean raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Ganache. Click here for our recipe, or use your favorite prepared chocolate sauce.
- 1/C Cup sliced, toasted almonds
- 1/2 Cup chocolate shavings (use grater or sharp knife to create chocolate shavings with your favorite premium chocolate bar)
- 1/4 Cup confectioner's sugar
- Step 1 – Prepare Ganache
- If you plan to make your own ganache at home, follow this recipe for Chocolate Ganache.
- Step 2 – Bake Puffed Pastry Shells & Toast Almonds
- Bake puffed pastry according to package directions, until golden brown.
- To toast almonds, simply spread them in a single layer on a cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees, until lightly browned.
- Step 3 – Assemble and Serve
- When ready to serve, place individual puffed pastry shells on dessert plates.
- Place a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top of puffed pastry shell.
- Surround pastry with fresh raspberries.
- Drizzle Chocolate Ganache over ice cream and berries.
- Top with toasted almonds and chocolate shavings.
- Garnish with confectioner's sugar (place confectioner's sugar in a sieve to sprinkle evenly).