A Word From The Cook
“Pumpkin S'more Whoopie Pies are the ultimate cookie mash-up. Pumpkin Whoopie Pie cookies meet Nutella S'mores in this deliciously decadent dessert.”
12 Minutes per batch
1 hour, plus 45 minutes for cooling and assembly
20 Sandwich cookies
- 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin purée
- 2 Cups brown sugar
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 Cup Nutella (hazelnut spread)
- 1 Cup marshmallow creme
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients
- In a medium sized bowl beat together first 4 ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and beat until combined.
- Step 2 – Bake Pumpkin Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, or lightly grease the cookie sheets.
- Drop batter onto cookie sheets in tablespoon sized dollops, spacing 1 inch between each drop.
- Bake 2 cookie sheets at a time, for 12 minutes.
- When completely cooked, edges of cookies will be lightly browned, with tops firm and dry to the touch.
- Transfer cookies from baking sheets immediately to cooling rack.
- Repeat until all cookies are baked.
- Step 3 – Assemble Pumpkin S'More Whoopie Pie Cookies
- Allow pumpkin cookies to cool completely before assembling (20-30 minutes).
- Spread bottom of one cookie with Nutella.
- Squeeze a dollop of marshmallow creme on top of the Nutella, in the center of the cookie.
- Place another cookie bottom onto the filling, and gently push together.
- Set completed Pumpkin S'more Whoopie Pie cookie aside, and repeat for balance of cookies.
- Don't stack cookies on top of each other or they'll stick to each other.
- (To control marshmallow cream, create a decorating pipe out of a small ziplock bag. Fill a corner of the ziplock bag with marshmallow cream and clip the tip with scissors making an opening about 1/2 inch wide. Pipe the creme from the opening.)