A Word From The Cook
“Red Velvet Fans will Love These Cookies from Jaclyn at CookingClassy.com!”
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder*
- 1 1/2 Tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 8 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 6 Tbsp all vegetable shortening, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 Tsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp red food coloring
- 1 1/3 Cups white chocolate chips, divided
- Step 1 – Combine Dry ingredients
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Step 2 – Mix Ingredients
- Add butter, shortening and sugar to the bowl of an electric stand mixer and mix on medium speed until very pale and fluffy about 4 minutes. Add egg and egg yolk and mix until combine.
- Add vinegar, vanilla and food coloring and mix until well blended. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combine. Mix in 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Step 3 – Scoop, Roll, and Bake
- Scoop dough out by the heaping tablespoonfuls (about 1 1/2 Tbsp) and roll into balls and place on buttered or Silpat lined cookie sheets.
- Gently press about 6 white chocolate chips into the top of each cookie, being careful not to flatten the cookies (if you do flatten them a bit just reshape them to the height they had before adding the chips) and bake in preheated oven 8 – 9 minutes.
- Allow to cool several minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store cookies in an airtight container.