A Word From The Cook
“Fall inspires pumpkins in all shapes and colors. The only thing more fun than pumpkin carving, is pumpkin seed roasting! I love 'em salty, sweet, and spicy!”
- 2 Cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter or olive oil
- Sea Salt to taste - approximately 1 teaspoon
- Also try:
- Spicy pumpkin seeds with cayenne pepper
- Sweet pumpkin seeds with cinnamon and sugar
- Step 1 – Prepare Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Remove pumpkin seeds from pumpkin. (I prefer to leave some pulp on the seeds because it acts like glue to your seasoning, and just tastes better)
- Toss Pumpkin seeds in melted butter and seasonings. (Try different seasonings by separating seeds in separate bowls).
- Step 2 – Roast and Eat!
- Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown (stirring occasionally).