A Word From The Cook
“Russian Tea Cake Cookies are one of our favorite yummy dessert recipes for all occasions. They're rich, buttery, and have a delicate crunch. Indulge!”
1 Hour and 30 Minutes
3 Dozen cookies
- 1 Cup softened butter
- 1/2 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 Cup sifted flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup finely chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/2 Cup sifted confectioner's sugar (for rolling after cookies are baked)
- Step 1 – Mix Ingredients
- Mix together butter, 1/2 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla.
- Sift together flour and salt.
- Add flour and salt to butter mixture and mix well.
- Mix in nuts.
- Note: an upright mixer is ideal, but hand beaters can be used as well.
- Step 2 – Chill and Roll
- Cover and chill dough for an hour.
- Roll into 1″ balls.
- Step 3 – Bake and Roll
- Bake cookie balls on an ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees F.
- Bake until set, but not brown, abut 10 minutes.
- While still warm, roll in confectioner’s sugar.
- Cool and roll again.
- Eat and enjoy!