A Word From The Cook
“This Spanish pasta dish includes Chorizo sausage, Manchego cheese, and Saffron. It’s prepared in a paella pan and makes a wonderful tapa. Think of it as the Spanish version of Macaroni and cheese for grown-ups. Find all the specialty Spanish ingredients you need, from Chorizo, to Paella Pans, at LaTienda.com.”
- 1.5 Quarts chicken stock
- Pinch Saffron (12-15 threads)
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Pound fideo (thin noodle pasta)
- 4 Tablespoons minced cilantro or parsley
- 2 Cups shredded Manchego cheese
- 24 slices cooked Chorizo (Linguiça can be substituted)
- Prepare in a Paella pan or large saucepan
- Find all the specialty Spanish ingredients you need, from Chorizo, to Bomba Rice, and Paella Pans, at LaTienda.com.
Step 1 – Prepare Pasta
Pour the chicken stock into a 12 inch or larger paella pan.
Add saffron and half of parsley and bring to a boil. The amount of saffron you use should depend on how much you like it and how fresh your supply is. Sniff the jar to determine the latter, go light the first time you make this recipe until you determine the former.
Dump in pasta and sprinkle with half of the cilantro (or parsley).
Stirring occasionally, cook pasta until it is al dente (chewy but not cruchy) and most of the liquid has been absorbed (10-12 minutes for most pastas).
Step 2 – Add Cilantro and Cheese
Stir in remaining minced cilantro.
Stir in cheese.
Step 3 – Serve with Sausage
For meat lovers, place very thin slices of cooked Linguiça or Chorizo on top and run the pan under the broiler until surface starts to brown.
Serve immediately and enjoy!