A Word From The Cook
“Salsa is Spanish for sauce! Fresh salsa is tasty, healthy and easy to make. There are so many ways to make salsa with different ingredients and heat levels. Use this recipe as a base, then experiment!”
- 3-4 Medium Tomatoes (preferably organic or home grown, the more colors the better!)
- 1 Red Onion
- 3-4 Peppers (variety) – we use Anaheims (mild), Anchos (medium heat), Jalapenos (hot and spicy), Habanero (hot and spicy), Poblano (medium heat), and/or Thai Chilis (hot and spicy)
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic (sautéed 4 minutes before hand)
- Lime/Lemon juice to taste
- Cilantro or Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Step 1 – Chop Veggies
- Destem peppers and remove seeds (seeds will add spice).
- Coursely chop all veggies.
- Peel and chop garlic and saute in olive oil.
- Step 2 – Process Ingredients
- Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and pulse 7-10 times until blended, but still coarse.
- Step 3 – Strain Excess Liquid
- Pour salsa into a strainer to eliminate excess water from salsa.