A Word From The Cook
“Perfect for fresh or frozen peaches. These delectable peach dessert recipes provide great alternatives to pie or cobbler!”
- 3-4 Peaches peeled and sliced (frozen peaches can be substituted)
- 1 ½ Cups sugar
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Teaspoon baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon cardamom
- 1 Stick (1/4 lb.) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 Cup sour cream (room temperature)
- 2 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Step 1 – Prepare Peaches and Measure Ingredients
- Cut peaches in half, remove pit, peel and slice.
- Put peaches in a med sized bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the sugar plus a dash of cinnamon – set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom, and salt – set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup of sugar with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon – set aside.
- Step 2 – Make Batter
- Blend butter and 1 cup of the sugar on med high for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add sour cream and beat on low until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla and continue beating.
- Add flour mixture slowly, beating on low until well combined, remember to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Step 3 – Layer Batter and Peaches, Then Top with Nuts and Sugar
- Butter bottom and sides of 8 inch square baking dish.
- Spread ½ of cake mixture over bottom of baking dish.
- Layer with ½ of peaches.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of sugar mixture from step 1 over peaches.
- Spread remaining cake mixture over peaches.
- Layer remaining peaches.
- Top with nuts and remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes – test doneness of cake by inserting knife or toothpick into cake, it should come out clean.
- Let cool, then serve and enjoy!