A Word From The Cook
“Salmon, Cucumber, Crème Fraîche, & Capers take Sliders to a whole new level!”
2 Per Person
- 12 Mini brioche (or other fresh) buns
- 12 Ounces smoked salmon
- 1 Cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- ½ Small red onion cut thinly and in ¼ inch pieces
- ¼ Cup fresh chives, cut ¼ inch long
- 1 Cucumber, skin removed and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ Tablespoons capers
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of Italian seasoning
Step 1 – Prepare Crème Fraîche Mixture
In a medium mixing bowl combine red onion, chives, capers, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper and Crème Fraîche.
Peel and thinly slice cucumber.
Step 2 – Toast “Slider” Buns in Pan
In a medium non stick sauté pan on medium heat, add a little olive oil and Italian seasoning – toast slider buns until golden brown.
Remove from pan and place right side up on serving dish.
Step 3 – Assemble and Garnish “Sliders”
Put a dollop of crème fraîche mixture onto bottom of brioche bun.
Layer a piece of smoked salmon on top of the crème fraîche mixture.
Place one cucumber slice on salmon and place top portion of bun on slider.
Serve and enjoy!