A Word From The Cook
“Sorbet Cake with Chocolate Glaze is an easy ice cream cake recipe. Sorbet makes it lighter than ice cream, and perfect for those who can't do dairy.”
2 hours (including freezing time)
- For the Cookie Crust:
- A 9 oz. package chocolate wafers (or Oreo Cookies) crushed finely
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- For the Chocolate Glaze:
- 8 ounces premium bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- Your Choice of Sorbets
- We chose Häagen-Dazs Raspberry sorbet (on Top) with Pineapple Coconut (on bottom)
- Step 1 – Prepare Cookie Crust
- Crush cookies finely, add sugar, and melted butter – mix together.
- Put cookies into a Ziplock bag to crush them.
- Step 2 – Layer Cookie Crusts with Sorbets
- Divide cookie mixture in half and layer first half on bottom of lightly buttered Springform pan.
- Spread 2 pints of softened sorbet over the cookie crust evenly.
- Layer second half of cookie mixture on top of sorbet, spread evenly and freeze.
- When bottom layer is completely frozen, add two more pints of softened sorbet on top, spread evenly, and freeze until all layers are hard and completely frozen.
- Step 3 – Prepare Glaze and “Frost” Cake
- While second layer of sorbet is freezing, heat butter, chocolate and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until combined and glossy – then add raspberry extract. Cool slightly.
- Once the sorbet layers are completely hardened, release the cake from the Springform pan (keeping bottom of pan in place) and move cake to a serving plate.
- Spread glaze over top and freeze for at least 10 minutes before serving. Can be made the night before.