A Word From The Cook
“Citrus and apples give color and zip to your Sangria! ”
12 - 8 Ounce glasses
- CLASSIC SANGRIA #1
- 1 Lime
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Oranges
- 1 Grapfruit
- 2 Apples, cored
- 1 Magnum (1½ liter) wine, red or white
- 1 can (12 oz) Lemon-lime or grapefruit soda
- CLASSIC SANGRIA #2 (a little less sweet)
- 1 ½ Liters red wine (use a medium bodied, fruity red)
- 4 Oranges, 4 juiced, one sliced
- 3 Lemons, 2 juiced, one sliced
- ¼ Cup sugar
- 4 Cups club soda
- ½ Cup Spanish Brandy
- ¼ Cup orange iqueur such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 Apple, sliced for garnish
- Step 1 – Prepare Fruit
- Quarter the citrus fruit and put into a 2 liter pitcher.
- Crush it with a pestle.
- Quarter and add apples and wine.
- Put in the refrigerator.
- Step 2 – Add Soda & Serve
- Pour into 8 oz. or larger Sangria glasses filled with ice.
- Step 3 – Combine all Ingredients Except Soda
- In a 2 liter pitcher, combine wine, orange and lemon juices and slices, sugar (use more or less depending on the sweetness of the fruit), the brandy and Grand Marnier.
- Chill for two or more hours.
- Step 4 – Add Club Soda and Serve
- When ready to serve, add the club soda.
- Pour over ice cubes and garnish with apple slices.