A Word From The Cook
“Citrus and apples give color and zip to your Sangria! ”
12 - 8 Ounce glasses
- CLASSIC SANGRIA #1
- 1 Lime
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Oranges
- 1 Grapfruit
- 2 Apples, cored
- 1 Magnum (1½ liter) wine, red or white
- 1 can (12 oz) Lemon-lime or grapefruit soda
- CLASSIC SANGRIA #2 (a little less sweet)
- 1 ½ Liters red wine (use a medium bodied, fruity red)
- 4 Oranges, 4 juiced, one sliced
- 3 Lemons, 2 juiced, one sliced
- ¼ Cup sugar
- 4 Cups club soda
- ½ Cup Spanish Brandy
- ¼ Cup orange iqueur such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 Apple, sliced for garnish
Step 1 – Prepare Fruit
Quarter the citrus fruit and put into a 2 liter pitcher.
Crush it with a pestle.
Quarter and add apples and wine.
Put in the refrigerator.
Step 2 – Add Soda & Serve
Pour into 8 oz. or larger Sangria glasses filled with ice.
Step 3 – Combine all Ingredients Except Soda
In a 2 liter pitcher, combine wine, orange and lemon juices and slices, sugar (use more or less depending on the sweetness of the fruit), the brandy and Grand Marnier.
Chill for two or more hours.
Step 4 – Add Club Soda and Serve
When ready to serve, add the club soda.
Pour over ice cubes and garnish with apple slices.