A Word From The Cook
“Spinach Fettuccine with Lemon, Capers, and Prawns is citrusy fresh and delicious!sa dfasdfasd fasd f”
- 1 Pound 18th Ave Pasta Company's Spinach Garlic Fettuccini
- Pinch garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons rinsed capers, plus another tablespoon for garnish
- 2 Lemons (Zest lemons prior to juicing)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (one for pan, one for drained pasta)
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
- Sea salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano for garnish
- Step 1 – Prepare Pasta
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- We recommend cooking until al dente (1-2 minutes less then directed).
- Measure 1/2 cup pasta liquid to use in sauce.
- When pasta is cooked, drain remaining water from pasta and return pasta to pan.
- Coat generously with olive oil and toss. Set aside until prawns and sauce are ready to be combined just before serving.
- Step 2 – Sauté Prawns
- Add olive oil and butter to a large sauté pan. Heat pan to medium heat. When oil begins to sizzle, add prawns. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook prawns until just pink all the way through.
- Add juice of 2 lemons, wine, pasta water, and capers. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Add cream slowly while stirring. Let cream thicken the sauce for another 2-3 minutes. Don’t overcook prawns.
- Step 3 – Combine and Serve
- Add warm pasta to prawn sauce and toss to coat pasta with sauce, and warm through.
- Serve, topping with a few more capers, lemon zest and shaved cheese for garnish.
- Enjoy immediately!